Learn more about our sister camp just down the winding road!
Lake Owego Camp Facilities
AthleticsOur athletic program centers on individual instruction which allows each camper to learn and become proficient in all athletic areas. After all, summer camp is about trying new things! Do you want to take it to the next level? All campers are welcome and encouraged to play in our inter-camp leagues, swim in our swim meets, compete in our USTA tennis tournaments, run in our annual 5k and more! No need to make our teams. If you want to play competitively, you will at Lake Owego!
- Indoor basketball facility with adjustable hoops and electronic scoreboard with three courts
- Outdoor basketball with three courts
- State of the art fitness center
- Two baseball fields, one little league and one regulation diamond
- Regulation soccer, lacrosse, and football fields
- Indoor hockey rink
- Beach Volleyball
- 6 Tennis Courts
- 2 Gaga Courts
- Golf Center
- Driving Range and Putting Green
Outdoor AdventureOutdoor adventure takes us back to our roots, where Lake Owego Camp all started. Learn and excel in rock climbing, canoeing, kayaking, mountain biking, campcraft (building sustainable shelters and making fires), and hiking. As you become more comfortable and confident in these areas, take a canoe trip on the Delaware River, go mountain biking in a state park, climb local mountains, and hike the Appalachian Trails.
- Two Climbing Walls
- Giant Swing
- Low Ropes
- Tree House
- Mountain Bikes and miles of private trails
- 8 Campcraft sites
- Archery Range
- Riflery Range
- Outdoor Cooking
- Pump Track for biking
Creative ArtsExpress your creative self in a variety of ways at Lake Owego Camp. Whether it's learning how to use a kiln, performing in one of the shows, or snapping photos of camp in action, our creative arts facilities offer these and many more opportunities. All of our campers take advantage of the wide range of activities in our creative arts department.
- Music room with recording studio, keyboard, drums, and guitars
- Covered Performing Arts Center with lights and sound system
- General and Fine Arts Studio
- Digital photography and video studio
- Ceramics Studio
Waterfront FacilitiesHow about a dip in Robinson’s pool after a busy day out on the fields? Head off to our private lake to bounce on the wibit or learn how to do an eskimo roll in a kayak. All campers take formal swim lessons and have opportunities for a free swim in our heated pool. Campers also learn skills and safety requirements in canoeing, kayaking, and sailing in the lake.
- Olympic sized, heated pool
- Our own private lake allowing campers to learn and enjoy:
- Waterskiing program
- Inflatable obstacle course
- Paddle Board
BunksSummer camp is a sleepover every night! Our bunks are spacious, comfortable, clean, and cheerful. Your bunk will quickly become your home away from home! In fact, we bet you'll dream of it during the winter!
- Clean cabins with electricity, showers and toilets
- New wooden beds with new comfortable mattresses
- New, well-maintained bathroom and shower facilities updated each year
- Knotty pine walls
- Large windows
Dining HallOur beautiful dining hall is truly the heart of camp, and in addition to eating there, campers hang out there too! Comfortable couches surrounding the fireplace make for a perfect bunk meeting spot. It’s where much of camp’s history is stored: Olympic and Frontier Week plaques, Polar Bear memorabilia, and cast lists from our many camp plays. There's always a bowl of fruit out for between-meal snacking. We know you've worked up an appetite!
- Spacious, airy Dining Hall
- Working fireplace for cold days and rainy nights
- Delicious, nutritious, child-friendly menu options to appeal to a wide range of camper tastes and all dietary needs
- Huge daily sandwich and salad bar
Health CenterNeed a cold drink, ice pack, your daily vitamin, or just a Band Aid ? Our Health Center staff is open all day and night to make sure your sons are happy and safe. If your son stays for more than a quick visit, you'll certainly be notified. Our doctors and nurses are among the most exceptional people at camp!
- Air-conditioned Health Center
- 3 Registered Nurses and a Doctor on Staff