Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
This ooey, gooey monkey bread can be made right over the campfire!
- 2 packages of Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- cooking spray
- Prior to camping, place the brown sugar, and sugar into a large Ziploc bag.
- At the campsite, prepare the campfire and allow to burn for at least 30-60 minutes to create hot coals.
- Cut up the biscuits into quarters. Drop into the Ziploc bag and completely cover.
- Melt the butter and pour over the biscuits. Seal the bag and shake again. The biscuits should appear very gooey. The pie iron will tend to dry them out so you want them well covered.
- Spray both sides of the pie iron well with cooking spray. This recipe will fill 2 double sized pie irons.
- Place the biscuits on the pie iron and spoon any remaining mixture over top to coat further (Make sure you save some for the second batch!) You can also try adding this half way through cooking if you like it a little more sticky.
- Close the pie iron and place in the hot coals for approximately 10-12 minutes turning and rotating frequently. (We found that it worked best if we flipped the pie iron over as well as rotating it around the coals so the front of the pie iron was not always facing the same direction!)